If you are in need of a high-security fence for your commercial or critical infrastructure property, look no further than Protective Fencing’s Propale Palisade W pale fence.
This fence is the most secure and anti-tamper option available on the market, and it is designed and manufactured right here in Australia with top-quality materials.
So, why should you choose palisade fencing from Protective Fencing? Here are just a few reasons:
1 – Unmatched security: Palisade fencing is well-known for its pointed tops, which make it difficult to climb and cut. This makes it an ideal choice for any high-security environment where intrusion prevention is a top priority.
Additionally, the Propale Palisade W pale fence from Protective Fencing is bolted together using an anti-tamper bolt system, further enhancing its security features.
2 – Long-lasting durability: This palisade fence is made from strong and robust steel components that are engineered to meet the structural integrity requirements of BS1722-Part12.
The fence also features a durable galvanised finish that provides long life with minimal maintenance. It can also be powder coated to further enhance the aesthetic.
3 – Australian-made quality: Protective Fencing designs, engineers, and manufactures its palisade fencing right here in Australia.
This means you can be confident that you are getting a product that is made with high-quality, locally sourced materials and built to withstand Australia’s harsh environmental conditions.
4 – Versatile applications: Palisade fencing is suitable for a wide range of applications, from rail infrastructure to embassies, ports, and car parks.
The Propale Palisade W pale fence from Protective Fencing is no exception and can be used in any commercial or critical infrastructure setting where security is a top priority.
When it comes to specifying palisade fencing for your property, there are a few key considerations to keep in mind.
First and foremost, you’ll want to think about the nature of the environment you are protecting, as well as the design of the perimeter you need to secure.
You’ll also want to consider the security rating you require and the desired height of the fence (which can be anywhere from 2400mm to 3600mm). Other factors to consider include the need for isolation panels or posts, as well as the environmental conditions on site.
Protective Fencing’s Propale Palisade W pale fence is manufactured to British Standard BS1722-1:2006 and is hot dip galvanised after fabricating to AS/NZS 4680:2006.
The fence can also be powdercoated in-house to AS3715:2002. All steel used in the fence is to AS/NZS 3679, and the fence is compatible with electric fence extensions from most reputable brands.
In terms of assembly, Protective Fencing recommends a fence assembly that includes TFB posts (100 x 45mm),
“W” Palisade Pales (71x3mm wide, topping, Tri Point, straight, curved), slotted and angle rails (50 x 50 x 6mm), and tamper-resistant M8 T-Bolt 8.8 Grade & Shear Nut 4.6 Grade pale fixing fasteners and M12 Bolt & Shear Nut 4.6 Grade rail fixing fasteners. Fishplates and fence extensions are also available as needed.
All in all, if you need a high-security fence that is built to last and designed to meet your specific needs, look no further than Protective Fencing’s Propale Palisade W pale fence.
With its unmatched security features, long-lasting durability, and versatile applications, this fence is the perfect choice for any commercial or critical infrastructure property.
WHAT IS PALISADE FENCING?
Palisade fencing is a type of security fence that consists of vertical steel posts, or pales, that are connected to horizontal rails to form a strong and durable barrier.
The Protective Fencing Propale product is a high-quality palisade fencing solution that offers superior protection for your property.
The pales of the Propale product are made from high-strength steel, which provides excellent resistance to impact and ensures that the fence can withstand harsh weather conditions.
The pales are also designed with a unique profile that makes them difficult to climb, providing an additional layer of security.
The rails of the Propale product are secured to the posts using strong and durable fixings, which ensure that the fence remains stable and secure.
The fence is also designed with a modular system, which means that it can be easily installed and configured to meet the specific needs of your property.
In addition to its security features, the Propale product is also designed to be aesthetically pleasing, with a sleek and modern design that complements the look of your property.
The fence is available in a range of colours, allowing you to choose the option that best suits your needs.
Overall, the Protective Fencing Propale product is a high-quality palisade fencing solution that offers superior protection and durability for your property.
Whether you are looking to secure a commercial property, industrial facility, or residential property, the Propale product is an excellent choice that will provide you with the peace of mind you need to know that your property is protected.
Here are some advantages of palisade fencing over other types of security fencing:
- Strong and durable: Palisade fencing is made of high-quality steel, making it strong and durable, and able to withstand harsh weather conditions and potential intruder attacks.
- Easy to install: Palisade fencing is relatively easy to install, and can be done quickly and efficiently, reducing the disruption to your property.
- Versatile: Palisade fencing can be adapted to suit different terrains and gradients, ensuring that your property is effectively secured, regardless of the landscape. It can articulate to match slopes of up to 20 degrees.
- High level of security: The pointed pickets and height of palisade fencing act as a significant deterrent to potential intruders, making it difficult for them to climb over.
- Low maintenance: Palisade fencing requires very little maintenance, only needing an occasional clean and check-up to ensure it remains in good condition.
- Cost-effective: Palisade fencing is an affordable option compared to other types of security fencing, offering a cost-effective way to secure your property without breaking the bank.
- Long lifespan: Palisade fencing has a long lifespan, lasting for many years without needing to be replaced, making it a smart investment in the long run.
- Aesthetic appeal: Palisade fencing has a sleek and modern appearance, adding aesthetic appeal to your property while also providing security.
COMMON APPLICATIONS FOR PALISADE FENCING
- Industrial and commercial properties: Propale fencing is commonly used to secure industrial and commercial properties such as data centres, factories, warehouses, and storage yards.
- Perimeter security: The fencing is suitable for use as a perimeter security measure around facilities such as power plants, water treatment plants, and other critical infrastructure.
- Schools and universities: Propale fencing is a popular choice for schools and universities as it provides a secure barrier to protect students, faculty, and staff.
- Public parks and recreational areas: Propale fencing can be used to protect public parks and recreational areas from vandalism and theft, while also preventing unauthorized access after hours.
- Transportation facilities: Propale fencing can be used to secure transportation facilities such as airports, train stations, and bus depots.
- Sports facilities: The fencing is a popular choice for securing sports facilities such as stadiums, sports fields, and courts, where it provides a secure barrier to prevent unauthorized access and vandalism.
- Military and government facilities: Propale fencing is commonly used to secure military and government facilities where security is a top priority.
HOW TO SPECIFY PALISADE FENCING
Palisade fencing is a popular choice for securing commercial, industrial and public properties. Its robust design, effective security features and flexibility make it an ideal choice for a wide range of applications. However, specifying palisade fencing requires careful consideration of a number of factors to ensure that the installation meets the specific requirements of the site. In this article, we’ll take a look at how to specify palisade fencing to ensure that you get the most suitable and effective installation for your needs.
1 – Identify the Purpose of the Palisade Fencing
Before you start specifying the palisade fencing, it’s essential to determine its purpose. Are you looking for a visual deterrent, or are you looking for a more robust security measure?
Identifying the purpose of the fencing will help determine the height, thickness, spacing and other features that are required.
2 – Choose the Material
Palisade fencing can be manufactured with a range of material, including hot-dip galvanised and pre-galvanised material.
The choice of material will depend on the level of corrosion resistance required, the environment in which the fencing will be installed and the budget. Protective Fencing offers a range of palisade fencing materials that are suitable for various applications.
3 – Determine the Height and Thickness
The height and thickness of the palisade fencing will depend on the level of security required.
For instance, a 2.4-metre-high fence with 3 mm thickness is ideal for most high-security applications, while a 1.8-metre-high fence is suitable for lower security applications.
The thickness of the palisade fencing should be consistent throughout the installation to ensure maximum strength.
4 – Choose the Type of Pale
Palisade fencing is available in a range of pales, including D-profile, W-profile, and angle-profile.
The choice of pale will depend on the level of security required, the aesthetic preferences, and the budget. W-profile pales are the most common, as they offer excellent security features and are cost-effective.
5 – Select the Type of Finish
Palisade fencing can be finished with a range of coatings to prevent rusting and to enhance its appearance.
The most common finish is a galvanised coating, which protects the steel from rusting. However, other finishes, including powder coating, can be applied to enhance the aesthetic appeal of the palisade fencing.
6 – Determine the Post Spacing
The post spacing will depend on the height and thickness of the palisade fencing. The posts should be spaced at regular intervals to ensure maximum strength and durability.
The post spacing should be determined based on the manufacturer’s recommendations (below) and the site’s specific requirements.
7 – Consider the Additional Security Features
Palisade fencing can be fitted with additional security features to enhance its effectiveness, including anti-climb measures, barbed wire, and CCTV.
These features should be considered when specifying the palisade fencing to ensure that they are integrated seamlessly into the installation.
In conclusion, specifying palisade fencing requires careful consideration of a range of factors, including security needs, height, pale profile, finish, and gates and fittings.
By taking the time to consider these factors and choosing the right system for your needs, you can ensure that your property is protected by a reliable and effective security solution.
- BS1722-12:2006 Fences-Steel palisade fences. Manufacturing and installation.
- AS/NZS 4680:2006 Hot-dip galvanized (zinc) coatings on fabricated ferrous articles.
- AS4506-2005 Metal finishing – Thermoset powder coatings
- 1 Structural Steel – Hot Rolled Bars and Sections
RECOMMENDED FENCE ASSEMBLY
100 x 45-55mm TFB , T post
“W” Palisade Pale
|71x3mm wide, topping, Tri Point, straight, curved|
|50 x 50 x 6mm, slotted and Angle, or other|
M8 T-Bolt 8.8 Grade & Shear Nut 4.6 Grade pale fixing (tamper resistant)
M12 Bolt & Shear Nut 4.6 Grade rail fixing (tamper resistant)
|Rail Connecting Plate – HDG|
|Multiple options available.|
AUSTRALIAN STANDARD DETAILS FOR PALISADE FENCES
The new Australian Standard AS5345 for high security fencing, which includes 358 anti-climb and palisade fencing, is currently in the committee stage.
This means that our experts are working together with other industry professionals to develop a comprehensive set of guidelines and requirements for high security fencing that is specifically tailored to Australian conditions.
Having a standard that is specific to the Australian climate, environment, and building codes is necessary to ensure that the fencing is durable, reliable, and meets the highest safety and security standards for Australian communities.
Once the new standard is published, it will provide a clear framework for the design, installation, and maintenance of high security fencing in Australia.
PALISADE FENCE POST – DESIGN
- Stocked in 100 TFB and T Post in standard sizes.
- The post length and type can be customized to suit the site conditions or structural engineer requirements, ensuring appropriate footing depth.
- Base plated options are also available.
- TFB post top is cropped and bevelled to form a pencil-point.
- The post web is slotted with 42 x 9mm slots for rail joining fish plates.
- Recommended post spacing is 2750mm centres or less.
- A concrete footing is recommended at 25MPA, 300mm dia x 900 deep (dependant on site condition) and must be engineered to ASNZS1170.0-2002 Structural Design Actions – General Principles.
- The post is hot-dip galvanized after fabrication to AS/NZS 4680:2006.
- The post is manufactured to British Standard BS1722-1:2006.
PALISADE FENCE RAIL – DESIGN
- Equal Angle 50 x 50 x 6mm x 4.46 kg/m with 14mm square hole at 25mm centres from each end and 17 off 11mm ø holes punched at 155mm centres along the length
- Steel to Australian Standard AS 3679.1-300
- Hot dip galvanized after fabrication to A.S. 4680 – 2006
- Manufactured to British Standard B.S. 1722 Part 12 2006
FENCE PALE SPACING
- Typical center-to-center distance is 155mm.
- “W” section design cold roll-formed pales with a finished width of 71mm and a straight, untwisted appearance.
- Pales are press-formed and splayed to a triple point at the top.
- Finished pale height is the fence height less 50mm for ground clearance.
- Tolerances are within +/- 0.21mm for thickness, within +2mm/-1mm for width, and within +/-0.25% for length.
- Manufactured to British Standard B.S. 1722 Part 12 2006.
STANDARD FENCE – PALE MATERIAL
- Steel grade: HA300 for BS1722-12 2006 SP Grade
- Yield strength range: SP 320-380 MPa
- Tensile strength range: SP 450-500 MPa
FITTINGS AND FIXTURES
- Fish Plates: 40 x 8mm square edge flat bar with 2 off 25 x 14mm slots at 25mm centres from each end, 140/110mm long.
- Rail to fish plate connection: M12 4.6 grade galvanized bolt and tamper-proof shear nut.
- Pale to rail connection: M8 8.8 grade galvanized T-bolt and tamper-proof M8 4.6 grade shear nut, or 6mm pin and collar rivet (at additional cost).
- Hot dip galvanized after fabrication to A.S. 4680 – 2006.
- Manufactured to British Standard B.S. 1722 Part 12 2006.
- Material conforms to Australian Standard AS 3679.1-300.
Powder coating is a finishing process that provides an aesthetically pleasing and protective layer to metal products. Different levels of powder coating are available, each with unique features and benefits.
As an accredited applicator, we specify Interpon, a leading brand in the powder coating industry, which offers various levels of coating, including standard D1000, D2525, and the metaplex commercial system which comes with a warranty for colour and film integrity of up to 15 years.
Standard powder coating (D1000) is an excellent choice for applications that require an attractive, durable, and economical finish. It provides excellent colour retention, scratch resistance, and weatherability.
Marine powder coating (D2525) is designed for harsh environments, such as coastal or industrial areas, where high resistance to corrosion and fading is required. It offers enhanced durability, weatherability, and gloss retention properties.
Metaplex powder coating is a premium level of coating that provides unparalleled durability and protection against corrosion, abrasion, and chemical exposure. It is an ideal choice for high-performance applications that require long-lasting protection.
The Metaplex warranty provides extra assurance to customers that their products are well protected. It is a comprehensive warranty that covers the coating’s adhesion, corrosion resistance, and colour retention properties. The length of the warranty varies depending on the level of powder coating chosen and the intended use of the product.
In summary, powder coating provides an attractive and protective finish to metal products, and different levels of coating are available to meet various performance requirements. Interpon offers standard, marine, and metaplex powder coatings, with metaplex offering the highest level of protection and backed by a comprehensive warranty.